Beauty Flash Balm
- Skin Type Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Texture Cream
- Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Texture: Cream
- Concern: Hydration
- Age Range: All Ages
- Water Based: FALSE
- Hamamelis The Indian tribes named this small North American tree witch hazel because of its resemblance to the hazel tree and its healing virtues. Witches ascribed magic powers to it, because of its astringent and vasoprotective powers. Witch Hazel leaves have become a classic treatment for troubles affecting the veins, to strengthen the resistance of the small blood vessels which burst under the skin.
- Olive Tree The olive tree is a native of the Mediterranean countries and has been used for a long time for its therapeutic properties. The olive is a sacred tree. For many years the oil and leaves were used to make a cream for the athletes and wrestlers of ancient Greece and Rome. The leaves have a healing and toning action on the skin that is widely used in cosmetics. Vegetal perhydrosqualene is derived from the olive. Extremely moisturizing, it is similar to the lipids in the skin.
- Rice The origins of rice date back to early Antiquity when it could be found across the immense plains of China, to the marshlands of India and the Persian empire. It is the most widely consumed cereal in the world and is grown in tropical and warm temperate regions for its fruit which is high in starch. In cosmetics, rice – in powder form – helps conceal skin blemishes and the oil obtained from rice bran is used to nourish and soothe the skin.
- Candeia (tree) The candeia is a small tree from the savannahs of Brazil. An active ingredient is extracted from its wood which contains over 95% a-bisabolol, an ingredient long used in medicine to fight inflammation and also in cosmetics for its softening and soothing benefits. In line with its commitment to responsible development, Clarins uses a-bisabolol harvested from candeia trees with respect for the environment of local populations.
Beauty In Your Inbox
Keep in touch with exclusive deals, expert beauty tips, and a first look at new products and services.
Subscribe to the Clarins newsletter now.