Cleansing Milk With Gentian
- Skin Type Combination, Oily
- Texture Milk
- Skin Type: Combination, Oily
- Texture: Milk
- Age Range: All Ages
- Water Based: FALSE
- Hawthorn The French poet Ronsard paid tribute to the Hawthorn plant in his poems. It is a small, prickly tree with fragile leaves and flowers. Its action on the heart was discovered during the Renaissance and gave it the nickname « plant of the heart ». It wasn't until the 19th century that the flowers were used for their soothing properties.
- Gentian Gentian is a flowering plant that grows in all mountainous regions and on grassy or rocky slopes. It has been used since ancient times for its beneficial effects. It was very much in fashion during the 17th century when many people took it in the hope of becoming centenarians. The underground part of the stem contains a bitter substance utilized in digestive liqueurs and apéritifs. In cosmetology, Gentian is particularly useful in skin-toning formulations.
- Orris root Orris grows in the wild, but is also cultivated for the cosmetics industry. On drying, its root gives off a very pleasant odour similar to the scent of violets. It is used as an ingredient in many perfumes. Formerly, doctors would recommend it to relieve childrens coughing and teething pains. An excellent astringent with normalizing properties, Orris extract is found in beauty care products for skin prone to oiliness.
- Guava Guava is a shrub well-known to those who appreciate tropical fruits. In Africa, its medicinal properties are fully recognized, and women in the Pacific Islands use the fruit, especially the pulp, to make face and body lotions. The Guava's wide variety of rich constituents (sugar, vitamins, minerals...) makes it a particularly effective active principle for moisturizing, vitalizing and protecting the skin.
Beauty In Your Inbox
Keep in touch with exclusive deals, expert beauty tips, and a first look at new products and services.
Subscribe to the Clarins newsletter now.