Toning Lotion with Iris
- Skin Type Combination, Oily
- Texture Lotion
- Skin Type: Combination, Oily
- Texture: Lotion
- Concern: Visible Pores
- Age Range: All Ages
- Aloe vera Widely cultivated in tropical regions, the use of aloe vera can be dated back to Ancient Egypt. It is said that Cleopatra attributed the secret of her legendary beauty to the plant. Since then, research carried out on the gel obtained from the heart of the aloe leaf has revealed the presence of softening, moisturizing and regenerating compounds. In the medical field, aloe is used externally to stimulate the circulation and encourage healing.
- Hawthorn The French poet Ronsard paid tribute to the Hawthorn plant in his poems. It is a small, prickly tree with fragile leaves and flowers. Its action on the heart was discovered during the Renaissance and gave it the nickname « plant of the heart ». It wasn't until the 19th century that the flowers were used for their soothing properties.
- Hamamelis The Indian tribes named this small North American tree witch hazel because of its resemblance to the hazel tree and its healing virtues. Witches ascribed magic powers to it, because of its astringent and vasoprotective powers. Witch Hazel leaves have become a classic treatment for troubles affecting the veins, to strengthen the resistance of the small blood vessels which burst under the skin.
- Orris root Orris grows in the wild, but is also cultivated for the cosmetics industry. On drying, its root gives off a very pleasant odour similar to the scent of violets. It is used as an ingredient in many perfumes. Formerly, doctors would recommend it to relieve childrens coughing and teething pains. An excellent astringent with normalizing properties, Orris extract is found in beauty care products for skin prone to oiliness.
- Guava Guava is a shrub well-known to those who appreciate tropical fruits. In Africa, its medicinal properties are fully recognized, and women in the Pacific Islands use the fruit, especially the pulp, to make face and body lotions. The Guava's wide variety of rich constituents (sugar, vitamins, minerals...) makes it a particularly effective active principle for moisturizing, vitalizing and protecting the skin.
Beauty In Your Inbox
Keep in touch with exclusive deals, expert beauty tips, and a first look at new products and services.
Subscribe to the Clarins newsletter now.