Younger Longer Balm
- Skin Type Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Texture Cream
- Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Texture: Cream
- Concern: Anti-Aging
- Age Range: All Ages
- Candlenut This tree is found in Asia on islands in the Pacific. It is the state emblem of Hawaï. Its fruit is a nut with two seeds known for centuries by islanders for the extracted oil. Called Kukui oil, it is traditionally used in the preparation of skin care products. Scientific research revealed the presence of Omega 3 and 6 (essential fatty acids) recognized in comsetics for their hydrating and soothing properties but also for their restructuring and anti-free radical ability.
- Centella Asiatica Centella asiatica grows in the shady, humid regions of South East Asia, Australia and Africa where its creeping stems produce small umbrella-shaped flowers. Nicknamed « tiger grass » because tigers like to roll in its leaves to heal their wounds, it is traditionally used for its healing and soothing actions.
- Coduim tomentosum Codiavelane is an algae from Europe which is a vibrant green colour, growing in the area between sea and land where the tides move back and forth. At low tide, it can be seen in rock crevices or small pools along the shore. To resist the harsh conditions of extreme salinity, wind and sun it is exposed to at low tide, the algae synthetizes components capable of limiting and regulating moisture loss. In Clarins skin care products, Codiavelane contributes to improve metabolism of skin lipids and in this encourages optimal, long-lasting hydration.
- White Tea White Tea is a rare, much sought after plant grown in China in the Fujian mountains. Drinking it was once considered a route to immortality and it gets its name from its silvery-white leaf buds. These are picked from the plant during the first days of spring. It is one of the rarest, most expensive teas in the world for several reasons: the harvest sometimes lasts just two days, the buds must be picked by hand, the production is on a very small scale and the manufacturing process is difficult.
- Arctic Cloudberry This evergreen perennial shrub, also called Ruscus, is common in France, particularly in soils that enjoy a mild climate, since it does not like the cold. It is a small shrub with sharp, pointed, dark green leaves. The tiny white flower s which form after pollinization later develop into bright red berries which are highly toxic. The root has long been been used in cosmetics, in particular for its vaso-constricting, soothing and draining properties. Clarins Laboratories uses a specific extract which contains all of the key ingredients found in the root and gives products intense decongestive and soothing actions.
- Succory Dock-Cress Succory Dock-Cress is a widespread annual plant which flowers from June to September and prefers semi-shade conditions. It is an easy-growing plant which can even be found growing beside motorways. It has long been used to heal scabs and soothe irritation caused by breast-feeding (hence its name of Nipplewort). It was then forgotten for a time until Clarins Laboratories revealed its anti-pollution properties.
- Maritime Pine Maritime pine is a conifer of the pinaceae family which grows quickly on acid soils, in warm and relatively humid regions. It can be recognized by its bark which splits and turns red as the tree grows. It is from this bark that Pycnogenol® is extracted, a substance mainly composed of OligoProanthoCyanidins (OPC), components recognized for their exceptional anti-free radical properties.
- Rhodiola Rosea Rhodiola rosea is a plant from the Arctic regions which is very resistant to extreme temperatures (- 45°C) and is used by local communities for its many benefits. The Vikings owed their legendary strength to this plant and the Inuits of Canada and Alaska use it to heal burns, gastric problems and tuberculosis. Studies have demonstrated its exceptional capacity to help the human body adapt to different environmental and psychological stress factors. Present in Clarins Anti-Pollution Complex, rhodiola extract provides significant protection against all biological stresses.
Beauty In Your Inbox
Keep in touch with exclusive deals, expert beauty tips, and a first look at new products and services.
Subscribe to the Clarins newsletter now.