Can I use the same product both at night and during the day?
You are probably aware that different skin types require different kinds of skin care. However, did you know that you may need a variety of skin care products throughout different times of the day and night? Read on to find out the difference between night cream and day cream and why you need both.
Every person’s skin care routine differs; some people simply wash their face once a day, then pop on some anti aging moisturizer and they’re good to go. Whereas others may have a more in-depth skin care regimen that involves specific skin care steps from cleanser to serums and oil treatments, to toner, face moisturizers, exfoliators, and eye creams.
Whatever your skin care routine involves, you may not be sure whether you should be using two different face creams for the day and the night and what the best anti aging night cream is for your skin if you are using one. The face cream that you use at different times of the day won’t just depend on the product, but on what skin type you have and what areas of your face you want to target.
1. First, find out your skin type
Before you start looking for the best products for your skin, it’s important to ensure that you know your skin type. We have developed face cream for dry skin, face moisturizer for sensitive skin and something for all skin types in between. To get optimum results from your day cream and night cream it’s essential that you know what skin type you are buying for.
There are four primary skin types and these include dry skin, oily skin, combination skin, and normal skin.
- Normal skin: This is when your skin is generally well-balanced or “eudermic”. At times your T-zone (forehead, chin, and noise) could overproduce oil, but in general, your skin is healthy, hydrated and there is a good balance between oily skin and dry skin. Normal skin is characterized by fine pores, even skin tone, glowing color, and is not a sensitive skin type. People with normal skin usually begin to dry out as they age.
- Dry skin: When you suffer from dry skin, it means that your skin produces less sebum than other skin types. This results in a shortage of lipids that are needed by your skin to retain moisture and protect itself against environmental damage. Too little sebum means that the barrier between your skin and the air is damaged and it is unable to protect itself properly. Dry skin can also be a result of stress and dehydration among other things. Although it ranges in severity, it is usually characterized by tight, flaky skin that is often itchy and rough in appearance.
- Oily skin: Oily skin is the opposite problem to dry skin and is encountered when your skin produces too much sebum. This can be caused by stress, medication, hormonal imbalance, genetics, and low-quality cosmetics. The signs and symptoms of oily skin include enlarged pores often filled with dirt, a glossy sheen to the skin, blackheads, and whiteheads.
- Combination skin: This is a combination of dry and oily skin types. Your T-zone (cheeks, forehead, and nose) will display the symptoms of oily skin, while your cheeks and chin display the symptoms of dry skin. The signs that you have a combination skin type are when your T-zone has an oily sheen and is prone to blackheads and enlarged pores, yet your cheeks and chin can feel tight and flaky.
2. Day cream
Your skin is exposed to a number of environmental or external factors during the day. Whether you have oily, normal, combination or a dry face, it will be exposed to the sun, cold, air conditioning, stress, and other factors that will impact the state of your skin. Day creams are therefore designed with protection and hydration as their main purpose.
If you have oily skin try a lightweight, fluid moisturizer. However, if you have dry skin, choose a product that is rich and creamy. This also goes for body lotion and body moisturizer.
Clarins Extra-Firming Day SPF 15 - All Skin Types is the best daily moisturizer for all skin types. Made with Kangaroo Flower extract, it visibly firms and lifts your skin, leaving your skin looking radiant and smooth every day. With Broad Spectrum SPF sunscreen, it helps to decrease the risk of early skin aging caused by the sun. It forms a barrier between your skin and pollution and free radicals with the Clarins’ Anti-Pollution Complex.
If you are looking for something with an even higher SPF then look no further than our Super-Restorative Day SPF 20 for all skin types. This is the best moisturizer for deeply replenishing anti aging skin care. Packed with Organic Harungana, this day cream helps to restore the appearance of density and elasticity to your skin. Another option is the Multi-Active Day Cream SPF 20 for all skin types that includes encapsulated Teasel and Myrothamnus, which helps to fight the visible signs of stress and fine lines so that your skin is smooth and glowing all day, every day.
If you are struggling with dry skin then choose the Extra-Firming Day Cream for dry skin. These nourishing creams are the best anti aging creams for dry skin because they offer unmatched levels of radiance and comfort to previously dehydrated skin. They shield the skin from external stressors and use powerful ingredients to help your skin retain moisture.
3. Night cream
Your skin’s natural regeneration process happens at night. This is why it’s so important to get a good night’s sleep to ensure that you have healthy, hydrated skin that glows. Night creams take advantage of your body’s downtime while enhancing the effects of your day cream. You’ll wake up refreshed and revitalized.
Clarins day/night duos
At Clarins, we have formulated day/night duos for all skin types that will keep you happy. For those looking to tackle the signs of early aging and get a glow back in their face, Multi-Active day cream and night creams are the perfect solution. If you’re looking to visibly firm up your face then it’s the Extra-Firming Range for you. Lastly, if you’d like to tackle advanced aging on your skin, then choose our Super-Restorative range for glowing skin day in and day out.
Got more questions about Clarins products? Find all the answers you need here.
Did you get the answers you were looking for? Share the love with your friends!