Can my skin breathe through foundation?
If you’re wondering whether foundation clogs your pores, then we’ve got good news for you! The best foundation is suited to your skin type, and you just need to know what you are looking for to find the perfect fit. Here’s a guide to finding a breathable foundation for flawless skin.
If you’re looking to achieve flawless, modelesque skin, then foundation is a given. From cream to powder foundation it is a product that literally takes after its namesake. Just like you would when constructing a home or building, you need to ensure that you have a strong and sound foundation to act as an anchor for the rest of the materials. The best foundation makes your face a perfectly blank canvas for the rest of your makeup application.
Foundation can be the make or break of your entire makeup routine: get it right and you’ll feel like you could grace the cover of any international fashion magazine, but get it wrong and you may not feel like even leaving your house, never mind gracing the cover of a magazine.
It’s imperative that you find the best full coverage foundation or sheer coverage foundation that works for you. There is such a huge variety of formulas, shades, applicators, and types of foundation available that it can be overwhelming trying to find the best foundation for your skin. It’s important that you know what you are after before you get sucked in at the foundation aisle for hours upon hours.
1. Types of foundation
Your quest to find the best foundation for your skin isn’t just limited to finding the right tone to match your skin. There is a lot more that you need to consider. The foundation’s formulation has a big impact on how flawless you can get your skin and that’s because some formulas are made for specific skin types. There’s powder vs. liquid foundation, there’s the best foundation for oily skin vs. the best foundation for dry skin and almost everything in between. Here are the different types of foundation that you need to know about:
- Liquid foundation describes foundation that comes in a liquid form. There can be many different versions, such as oil-based or oil-free, long-lasting, waterproof, etc. They also range in coverage depending on how many layers you apply.
- Cream foundation tends to be a bit heavier than liquid foundation and is a good foundation for dry skin and normal skin.
- Tinted moisturizer isn’t considered a full-blown foundation but is suited to the summer months when you need just a small wash of color and hydration for your face. It’s light and can cover up small issues, so it’s not the best foundation for acne-prone skin but is better suited to those with an already even skin tone and minimal blemishes.
- Oil-based foundation provides a highly hydrating aspect and is one of the best foundations for mature skin types and the best foundation for aging skin. They help to temporarily lift the face with moisture and help to minimize lines and wrinkles so that they are less visible.
- Sheer foundation is light and is the perfect choice if you’re looking to achieve the ‘nude makeup’ look. It slides on smoothly and can be layered to provide as much coverage as you need; this is a good foundation for dry skin and normal skin types. Don’t forget to add a moisturizer with SPF into your skin care routine before applying makeup in order to really protect your skin from sun damage.
- Matte, or oil-free, foundation is the best foundation for oily skin. This kind of foundation doesn’t use oil as its base ingredient and is instead created using water. This a good foundation for oily skin as it is quick-drying, and hydrates the skin without affecting its oil levels. Always remember to use a primer, moisturizer, or other skin care products before layering on your foundation.
- Mousse/whipped foundation is simply liquid foundation that, just like the popular dessert, has had some air whipped into it to up the volume. They are light, airy, breathable and matte. It’s normally good for all skin types but is certainly the best foundation for mature skin or dry skin types because of its smoothing qualities.
- Stick foundations are small, portable and perfect to slip into your handbag for last-minute touch-ups. The coverage is quite full and heavy and, therefore, a good foundation to blur clogged pores and for hiding under-eye circles. It’s best for normal to dry skin, just don’t forget to add moisturizer first and avoid caking this foundation on too heavily.
- Powder foundation is a great foundation for combination skin and oily skin types. It’s a powder form of foundation that is usually applied using a makeup brush or pad.
- Waterproof foundations are long-lasting and don’t slip off easily, which makes them great for long days and humid or hot weather. You often need to use makeup remover to take it off. This foundation is thick and can clog pores, so it’s best not to use it daily.
- Foundation primer creates a barrier between your skin and your foundation and fills in your pores to give you a flawless finish. While some people simply use a moisturizer before applying foundation, a primer is going to be much more effective.
2. Clarins’ breathable foundation
While foundation is the key to achieving flawless skin, the wrong formulas can be cakey and suffocating. If you’re looking up how to unclog pores and wear a foundation that your skin can breathe through, then we have just the solution for you. All of our foundation is designed to deliver flawless coverage while caring for your skin. Our foundations with skin care benefits give skin freedom to breathe, while soothing and nourishing with natural plant extracts. With pollution protection and moisturizing skin care benefits, you can rest assured that your face will look gorgeous, while receiving TLC throughout the day.
3. The perfect foundation for your skin
Get ready to fall in love with our Skin Illusion Foundation. Made with pure plant extracts and Clarins’ HD Light Optimizing complex, containing pink pearls and soft-focus powders, this foundation is long-lasting but also lets your skin breathe. Red Jania ups your radiance and Mary’s Thistle Oil soothes your skin. You’ll also stay hydrated throughout the day with Organic Leaf of Life extract.
Our Everlasting Compact Foundation has a 15-hour matte finish for perfect skin. It’s long-lasting, compact and minimizes the visible appearance of imperfections instantly. Heat, humidity, and perspiration resistance makes this the best foundation for sensitive skin and for those hot summer days. Clarins’ Anti-pollution is the cherry on top for this foundation and will leave your skin soft, subtle, and free from daily damage.
Lightweight concealers and powders can also pair flawlessly with foundation to perfect the complexion while letting skin breathe. Our Instant Light Brush On Perfector quickly conceals imperfections, visibly illuminates, and evens out your skin tone. Clarins Ever Matte Radiant Mattifying Powder is an oil-free mineral powder that is ultra-light, extra hydrating, and helps take down shine. Apply over foundation for a radiant, matte finish and longer-lasting hold.
Ready to use the best breathable foundation for your skin?
Got more questions about Clarins products? Find all the answers you need here.
Did you get the answers you were looking for? Share the love with your friends!
You May Also Like
Applying foundation perfectly is no easy feat. Find out how to apply foundation like a pro. Achieve flawless looking skin.
Choosing the right foundation can be difficult. Take some tips from Clarins on how to find the right foundation for your skin type.
So you love makeup but want to keep things subtle and natural? Read on to learn three easy steps to achieving your very own gorgeous natural makeup looks.
can give you that ‘magazine cover’ look you’ve been craving. Find out how to find the best full coverage foundation for your skin type.
It can be difficult to apply makeup to dry skin. Learn about the best foundation for dry skin and how to apply foundation for a visibly smoother complexion.
Sensitive skin care products visibly calm, hydrate, and shield – learn about the best products to use to remove makeup from sensitive skin.