Which full coverage foundation is right for me?
Full coverage foundation is the best option for a flawless finish to your makeup. Read on to find out more about finding the best full coverage foundation for your skin.
Foundation is one of the most essential aspects of your makeup routine, however, it is also one of the most challenging to get right. The best full coverage foundation can cover up a multitude of skin sins, from blurring blemishes and covering imperfections to enhancing radiance and providing a smooth, blank canvas for the rest of your makeup.
However, there is a massive range of foundation out there. It comes in different formulas, shades, and coverage spectrums that make it hard to choose the best foundation to meet your needs. You have to take the time to understand full coverage foundation vs. sheer foundation; your skin type, and preferences before you go shopping. If you don’t know what you are looking for when you hit the cosmetics aisle, then you could be there for hours trying to decide.
1. Identify your skin type
One of the first makeup tips that you should take heed of before buying skin care products is knowing what your skin type is. You’ll only find the best foundation for your skin once you know what you are dealing with.
- Oily skin: If you have oily skin, then chances are that you are also acne prone. The best foundation for acne prone skin is non-comedogenic. A matte foundation is always a good foundation for oily skin, as it hydrates the skin without having an impact on the oil content of the skin. Oily skin means that your sebaceous glands are overproducing sebum (oil) which results in skin that is prone to pimples, blackheads, and acne. It’s often a result of a hormonal imbalance due to puberty or it’s often down to genetics.
- Dry skin: If you have dry skin, then you’re likely to feel as if your skin is tight or ‘stretched’ over your face, especially after showering. Try and limit hot water showers, as they are washing away the little sebum that your glands are actually producing. Ensure that you find the best foundation for dry skin that isn’t just able to provide good coverage, but that will also keep it moisturized throughout the day.
- Combination skin: Foundation for combination skin has to take into account that you may have an oily T-zone but dry cheeks. Try to find a balancing formula that is able to reduce shine in oily areas, without drying out your cheeks and chin.
- Sensitive skin: Sensitive skin has the propensity to react to a variety of different factors, from texture to ingredients. The best foundation for sensitive skin should be free of chemicals and based off natural plant extracts that won’t irritate the skin and cause extra problems. It is really worth looking for a foundation that won’t act as an irritant and leave your skin red, blotchy, or itchy.
- Normal skin: If you’ve got the holy grail of skin types and have normal skin, then count yourself lucky. You really can take your pick of the foundation formulas based on personal preference and not on what will have an effect on your skin or not.
2. Choosing the right foundation coverage for your skin
The foundation that you choose doesn’t just depend on your skin type, but also the look that you want to achieve. While it used to be common practice to heavily apply foundation for a more flawless finish, we have now got the options of lightweight formulas that are highly-pigmented and able to provide as solid coverage, with a formula that still allows your skin to breathe.
- Sheer coverage: Sheer coverage is the opposite of full coverage foundation. It is incredibly light and has the least amount of pigmentation when compared to other foundations. It is the best foundation for sensitive skin or normal skin with little imperfections.
- Light coverage: If you’re looking for a light ‘nude makeup’ look then a light coverage foundation is going to be the best option. Lightweight, or mineral powder foundation, is great at reducing the sheen of oil on your face while evening the tone. It’s incredibly light and lets your natural, radiant skin show through. It will cover up enlarged pores, but will not cover up freckles.
- Medium coverage foundation: Medium coverage foundation is the best foundation for combination skin and is an essential skin care product if you are looking for a slightly more polished look. It’s the perfect canvas for blush and other makeup. A mousse or powder foundation works well to cover up blemishes, redness, and imperfections caused by the sun or age. It’s the best foundation for mature skin that needs a bit of ‘perking up’.
- Full coverage foundation: If you’re really after flawless skin then full coverage foundation is your best bet. There are endless options when it comes to full coverage, from the best powder full coverage foundation for oily skin to the best foundation for dry skin and other skin types. This is the makeup foundation you need to get that ‘magazine cover’ look that we’re always dreaming of. Just remember, that you’re going to have to be skilled in application and blending to ensure that you don’t end up with ‘cake face’.
3. Clarins’ Everlasting Full Coverage Foundation
If you are on a quest to find the best full coverage foundation that doesn’t make your skin feel heavy, that doesn’t clog pores, then our Everlasting Foundation is the perfect solution for you. This full coverage foundation will ensure that your skin stays supple, matte, and radiant throughout the day. Its hydrating properties make it the best foundation for dry skin and helps your skin to maintain moisture levels for a soft and supple look and radiant glow throughout the day.
This foundation comes in a variety of formulas to suit different skin types, from liquid, to cushion, and compact. There’s a choice of full coverage foundation for everyone; all of the formulas are lightweight and ensure a full day of flawless skin.
4. Other essential makeup tips from Clarins
When you’re thinking about your makeup or skin care routine don’t forget that foundation isn’t the be-all and end-all. It’s important to consider targeting problem areas too, this could be through eye creams or Instant Concealer. Facial mists such as Clarins Fix Makeup can help to give your skin much needed hydration throughout the day, while simultaneously ensuring that your makeup stays on for longer.
The applicator that you use to apply your foundation is also an incredibly important skin care product to consider. Try our Multi-Use Foundation brush for a flawless finish to your beauty regime.
Ready to find the best full coverage foundation for your skin?
Got more questions about Clarins products? Find all the answers you need here.
Did you get the answers you were looking for? Share the love with your friends!
You May Also Like
Does foundation really clog your pores? Take a look at how Clarins’ innovative foundation and skin care products can produce the perfect makeup look.
Applying foundation perfectly is no easy feat. Find out how to apply foundation like a pro. Achieve flawless looking skin.
So you love makeup but want to keep things subtle and natural? Read on to learn three easy steps to achieving your very own gorgeous natural makeup looks.
Struggling with oily skin? Here are Clarins’ makeup tips on the best skincare routine for oily skin that will leave you looking shine-free and radiant.
It can be difficult to apply makeup to dry skin. Learn about the best foundation for dry skin and how to apply foundation for a visibly smoother complexion.
Sensitive skin care products visibly calm, hydrate, and shield – learn about the best products to use to remove makeup from sensitive skin.