My partner has oily skin. What skin care routine do you recommend for him?
If your partner is struggling with oily skin, then worry not! We have the best skin care routine for men that will help your partner achieve comfortable, glorious skin in no time at all. Have a look at the best skin care products for men with oily skin and a comprehensive routine for smooth skin for men.
Not too long ago, fastidious skin care was predominantly thought of as something solely applied by women. For men, skin care routines were the furthest thing from their mind. They weren’t supposed to have clean, well-groomed skin after all. However, perspectives have shifted and more people are starting to acknowledge that skin care for men isn’t just acceptable, but that it is incredibly important too.
If you find that your partner is in a constant battle with too much sheen on his face, he has enlarged pores, or that his skin is prone to the occasional breakout, then chances are that he has an oily skin type.
1. What skin type does your partner have?
Before you buy the best skin care products for men for your partner, you have to understand what kind of skin he has to ensure that you are getting the most effective ones. There are a couple of skin types that he could have, and these are the signs to look out for:
- Normal skin: If your partner is lucky enough to have smooth, healthy skin, and normal-sized pores. Then he can be grateful for his genetics, as he’s most likely a normal complexion. This is the easiest skin care routine for men for him to stick to, but don’t let him slack. Stick to a great daily routine and he’ll keep that youthful ruggedness for years to come.
- Dry skin: If your partner’s skin tends to flake or look dry, then he’s probably got dry skin. It’s important that he uses the best moisturizer for men with dry skin to keep his skin healthy and hydrated. Luckily, this is also a fairly simple skin care routine for men for him to stick to.
- Sensitive skin: If you notice that your partner’s skin tends to get irritated by everything from exfoliating face scrub and cream to the wind and the washing powder you use on the pillow, then it’s most likely that he has a sensitive skin type. It can be hard to find the right skin care routine for sensitive skin, but luckily our Clarinsmen Range has something for everyone.
- Oily skin: If your partner looks like he’s constantly sweating, has clogged pores, or more than the occasional breakout, then he’s got oily skin. Ensure that he sticks to the skin care routine for oily skin that we will go through in detail below.
- Combination skin: Does your partner have a shine on his T-zone, yet his cheeks are dry and patchy? This is a combination skin type. While tricky to manage, it’s not impossible with the best skin care products for men with combination skin.
2. The best skin care routine for oily skin
Our sebaceous glands produce an oil called sebum, which is in charge of getting rid of impurities and keeping skin hydrated. Sometimes these sebaceous glands go into overdrive due to genetics, hormones, medicine, etc. and this is what causes oily skin. If you’re wondering how to minimize pores and how to unclog pores on your partner’s face, then he must follow this skin care routine for oily skin.
3. Step one: Exfoliate
The first port of call if you want to know how to get rid of oily skin is to use an exfoliating scrub 2 to 3 times a week. An exfoliant, whether a chemical exfoliator or scrub, helps to unclog pores and slough away dirt, pollution, oil, and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
Buy the best exfoliator for men with oily skin, the Clarinsmen Exfoliating Cleanser. This gentle face exfoliator uses natural exfoliants like lava power to purify the skin while ridding the skin of dead skin cells and unclogging pores. This will give your partner smooth, soft skin, and a fresh complexion.
4. Step two: Use a toner
Having the best toner for oily skin as part of your partner’s skin care regimen is essential. Toner is the best friend of those with oily skin, as it reduces the buildup of oil, reduces inflammation, and will minimize the size of his pores. Toner should be used in the morning after cleansing/exfoliating and before applying moisturizer.
It’s essential when looking for the best moisturizer for oily skin that you find something that will keep the skin hydrated, without adding any more oil. The Clarinsmen Range is filled with moisturizer for oily skin that will give skin instant comfort without any leftover sticky residue. Choose the Super Moisture Gel for a lightweight soothing serum that is packed with plant extracts that will hydrate the skin.
Don’t forget to find a targeted product for your partner’s problem areas. The skin around the eyes is more delicate and thinner than the skin on the rest of the face. This is why it has the propensity to age more prematurely. Take care of this sensitive skin with an Energizing Eye Gel to invigorate the area around the eyes.
6. Don’t go overboard
Although it’s important to have a great skin care routine for men in place to look after your partner’s oily skin, it’s equally as important that he doesn’t overdo it. Ensure that he sticks to the recommended regimen and doesn’t exfoliate more than advised, use toner more than once a day, or wash his face with face wash for oily skin at every chance he gets. Overdoing his skin care regimen could be detrimental to skin and will only remove all the good oil and nutrients.
Ready to tackle your partner’s oily skin?
Got more questions about Clarins products? Find all the answers you need here.
Did you get the answers you were looking for? Share the love with your friends!