Anti-Perspirant & Deodorant
- Skin Type Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Skin Type: Normal, Dry, Combination, Oily
- Buchu Buchu, a shrub native to South Africa, grows on the red sandy soils of the Cape Town area. Its pale green leaves are covered with small glands full of essential oils with a fragrance very similar to rosemary and peppermint. African fishermen rub them into their hands to remove the fishy smell when they come home from work. In cosmetology, these buchu essential oils are utilized for their antiseptic, antibacterial and deodorizing properties.
- Hamamelis The Indian tribes named this small North American tree witch hazel because of its resemblance to the hazel tree and its healing virtues. Witches ascribed magic powers to it, because of its astringent and vasoprotective powers. Witch Hazel leaves have become a classic treatment for troubles affecting the veins, to strengthen the resistance of the small blood vessels which burst under the skin.
- Rosemary Rosemary is a small, fragrant shrub from the Mediterranean region which grows wild or cultivated on chalky soil. The long, narrow, sweet-smelling leaves, rich in essential oils, are much used today to flavour food.There is a legend that in the 16th century, Isabelle of Hungary prepared with her own hands a rosemary cordial which is supposed to have restored her to health and youth at the age of 70.
Beauty In Your Inbox
Keep in touch with exclusive deals, expert beauty tips, and a first look at new products and services.
Subscribe to the Clarins newsletter now.